What is a cookie and what is its purpose?
A “Cookie” is a small file with information on the user’s browsing experience that is stored on the user’s computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device. Cookies are essential for Internet to function, and play a core role in enhancing or enabling interactive services, easier navigation and usability of our website. Under no circumstances can these cookies harm your computer. On the contrary, they help us identify and solve problems.
What cookies do we use?
- Own Cookies: Cookies sent from our computers and/or domains to your computer to provide the services you have requested.
- Third Party Cookies: Cookies sent from third party (partner organisation) computers and/or domains to your computer. For example, social network cookies or external interfaces, such as Google Analytics.
Time-based cookies that remain enabled:
- Session Cookies: Temporary cookies that are stored in your browser’s cookie file only during the browsing session, and are automatically deleted from your hard drive. The information contained in these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. Ultimately, these cookies allow us to provide a better user experience through improved content and greater ease-of-use.
- Permanent Cookies: They are stored on the user’s computer. Our website reads the cookies whenever the user visits our site. A permanent cookie has a set expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. These cookies are used to store cookie management preferences set by users.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to navigate the website and enable its proper functioning. It is used, for example, to monitor traffic, user session and data communication.
Preference Cookies: These cookies allow a website to remember a user’s preferences in relation to language, browser, region from where the website is accessed, etc.
Analysis Cookies: These cookies are used to track the number of users in order to measure and analyse statistically website usage.
How to configure or disable cookies?
You may enable, disable or delete cookies installed on your computer through your Internet browser options. If you do not allow cookies to be installed on your browser, certain services of the website may not be accessible to you and/or your user experience may be less satisfactory.
You can find more information on how to enable/disable cookies in your browser at this link:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
- Google Chrome